Are you a person affected by cancer with good listening and communication skills? Could you use your experience to carry out interviews with your peers? You’ll be helping us to gain a better understanding of people’s needs, so that we can work together to develop the right support and information so that no one in Sussex faces cancer alone.
You need to be 18 years old or over to apply for this opportunity.
What we’re looking for
- Able to observe and assess situations objectively
- Excellent listener and clear communicator
- Good written and summarising skills
- Able to work independently with guidance and support
- Patient, flexible and reliable.
What you can gain from this opportunity
- Join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference, just like you
- Meet and work with new people in your community
- Develop your organisational, IT and communication skills, enhancing your CV
- Enjoy a rewarding experience making a difference to people affected by cancer
- Receive an induction, relevant training, and support from our staff
How to apply
You can apply for this role online via the Macmillan Volunteer Village